Ready for graduate school? Taking the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) this Fall? Considering taking it next year? Nervous about the analytical writing sections? Come join the English Department on Friday, October 2, 2015, from 1:00 to 2:30 PM in the Performing Arts and Humanities Building, Room 428, for tips and guidelines on writing successful GRE essays. During the workshop we will . . .
- review expectations for both Issue and Argument style GRE essays
- discuss the process used to grade GRE essays
- consider what you should include and avoid in both essay styles
- learn what you can do to prepare for this section of the GRE
- look at examples of successful and unsuccessful essays
Come ready to take notes and to leave feeling more prepared for what can be a challenging section of the test. Whether you already consider yourself a successful analytical writer or not, this workshop is certain to help you earn a higher score with less stress.
This workshop is free to all students across UMBC. Please register for this event so that we can get a sense of the number of students who will be attending. We look forward to seeing you there.